SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY ZOOMS



    Hello, friends, and welcome back.  I hope everyone is enjoying their Autumn and their Spooky Seasons.  A very Happy Halloween to those who are celebrating/participating.  I've been pretty busy lately.  I decided that Inktober was out of the scope of what I had time for this October lol. So, no Inktober this year, guys, sorry. Maybe next year.  I did have fun participating in two other challenges.  The illustration for this post is one of them.



    My sister had decided to run a Halloween-themed Draw This In Your Style Challenge.  She was asking other artists to draw her Halloween witch character, which I found delightful and charming.  I thought it would be a fun project to work on. I like drawing witches.



    There's really not too much to say about this illustration or about the method that I used to create it.  It is my usual mixed media (traditional and digital) illustration method.  I did make a few noticeable changes.  I made my witch much younger.  My work focuses more on children's media, so it makes sense conceptually to draw a kid-witch.  She isn't really the "kid-version" of my sister's witch.  She is someone else.  Just another kid-witch flying about the neighborhood and bewitching people. 



    I didn't want to use black, so I used dark purple and dark blue instead.  I like the way those colors look instead of black.  They tend to create dimension instead of flattening the illustration like black tends to do. I also just love the color. I thought her dress needed a pocket since I wasn't going to draw a necklace on my witch. I also added a little eye shadow to match her lewk.  Lastly, I wanted to add a bit of background. So my kid-witch is flying across a rare and wily blue moon. 


    I hope you all like her as much as I do.  I had a blast making this illustration. She's fun. If anyone else wants to participate, please feel free to do so. Just tag my sister (IG: @jay_ofall_trades) and of course the hashtags #drawthisinyourstyle and #dtiys


    Happy Halloween Everyone!  I leave you with this Fun, Festive, and Spooky gem.




Until next time, friends,
Keep sketching, keep thinking, keep laughing, and most important of all, 
keep making art.
Cheers,
LEWIS









Comments

Popular Posts