Illustration Fridays: MYTH My Pet Gryphon.





     So It's been a while since I posted.  You will see why very soon.  I will be posting a bit of what I have been working on for the upcoming SCBWI Conference in NY…. But that is another post for another day (tomorrow.)  

     Anyway I am posting my Illustration Friday Submission.  This weeks Topic was MYTH.   :0)   I know, the imagination runs wild for this one and I had SO many ideas the problem was narrowing down.  I also had to take into account how much preparation I would also be doing for the conference.  Unfortunately I didn't fulfill the entire concept I had for this week's illustration.  I had to compromise, but I don't think it turned out too shabby.

     I chose to illustrate a Gryphon.  I also had the thought of, "what would a pet gryphon, a domesticated breed be like?"  Since a traditional gryphon is Half Eagle and Half Lion, I decided that this would represent the most wild and vicious of the mythical breed.  Since domestic bred animals tend to be generations upon generations of breeding into domestic submission from the wild, I thought it would be neat to have Half Owl and Half Tabby Cat.  I thought it would be neat to explore the world of the Pet Gryphon, but alas I had limited time to create the illustration this week. :0(

     I plan, in future to perhaps explore what the home and owner of such a beast may be like… Perhaps a future story idea.  :0)

In the meantime, Happy Friday!  And…
Keep sketching, keep thinking, keep laughing and most important of all, keep making art. 
Cheers,
LEWIS








Comments

Popular Posts