Friday, June 7, 2013

IF: Illustration Friday! Home Sweet Home.



     Yeah! It's Illustration Friday and I drew something for it! :0)
I am a bit tired, so I will be brief.  This week's topic is SWEET.  It's a coincidence that I am working on a logo for a cupcake bakery at this moment.  Obviously it influenced my subject.  I wanted to do cupcakes because cupcakes are on the mind. 

    I decided what fun it would be to tie in another "SWEET" reference to add another dimension to my illustration and to give my cupcake illo some flair and personality.  I decided to combine the comforts of home with one of America's most favorite comfort foods.  I wanted to illustrate the All American Dream of a white picket fence home on the top of the hill with some trim bushes, a freshly mowed lawn and a clean WELCOME front door mat.

    I, of course took an illustrator's license with my take on each of those elements to make them theme appropriate.   I added an cross-stitch emulated hand drawn Home Sweet Home at the bottom.  I hope that this image evokes the quiet, safe comforts of home.  Home really is a SWEET place to be... Even more sweet when we are enjoying a nice sweet treat.  Enjoy the illustration everyone and have a great start to your weekends.  Happy Illustration Friday!

Till next time...
Keep sketching, keep thinking, keep laughing and most important of all, keep making art. 
Cheers,
LEWIS







1 comment:

  1. Great style! Really love the quirkiness of this sweet little house!

    ReplyDelete