A Little RAIN on Illustration Friday


     Yeah! It's Illustration Friday and I fell pretty good with what I kinda sorta "threw" together.

     I had decided, not long ago, that I needed to practise drawing diversity amongst the children I was illustrating.  This was originally a separate project for me to work on, but I never really seemed to be able to get around to doing it. I would also always get bogged down in the details of what else would be in the image with them and so move on to other things thinking I would revisit this challenge later.

     Well... Later has finally come lol.

     I had a thought a week or so ago about using IF Friday projects to do this.  I'm not certain as to why I didn't think of it a few years ago. It seems like a simple and logical jump that my mind never made.  So anyway this is my first week in the coarse of that study.  I have decided to challenge myself for a whole year and weekly illustrate a new child based on IF Friday's topic.  In my own mind I am excited about this brilliant new and fun challenge.  I'm also thinking of adding a very short story that describes who they are to brush up some of my story writing skills which are quite dusty at the moment as I haven't written in some time.

     This week's topic was RAIN and I instantly thought of this image in my mind.  I wanted a young girl in her colorful rain slicker with her dog under a cute umbrella.  The rest just fell into place with some image reference research (as always) and a fun evening of sketching.

     In any case, there isn't much more to say about her.  She was just a fun kick-start to my new bi-weekly challenge.  Stay tuned for more fun illustrations and perhaps some short stories. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Friday and weekend.

Until next time, friends,
Keep sketching, keep thinking, keep laughing and most important of all, 
keep making art.
Cheers,
LEWIS








Comments

Popular Posts