IF: Illustration Friday! Home Sweet Home.



     Yeah! It's Illustration Friday and I drew something for it! :0)
I am a bit tired, so I will be brief.  This week's topic is SWEET.  It's a coincidence that I am working on a logo for a cupcake bakery at this moment.  Obviously it influenced my subject.  I wanted to do cupcakes because cupcakes are on the mind. 

    I decided what fun it would be to tie in another "SWEET" reference to add another dimension to my illustration and to give my cupcake illo some flair and personality.  I decided to combine the comforts of home with one of America's most favorite comfort foods.  I wanted to illustrate the All American Dream of a white picket fence home on the top of the hill with some trim bushes, a freshly mowed lawn and a clean WELCOME front door mat.

    I, of course took an illustrator's license with my take on each of those elements to make them theme appropriate.   I added an cross-stitch emulated hand drawn Home Sweet Home at the bottom.  I hope that this image evokes the quiet, safe comforts of home.  Home really is a SWEET place to be... Even more sweet when we are enjoying a nice sweet treat.  Enjoy the illustration everyone and have a great start to your weekends.  Happy Illustration Friday!

Till next time...
Keep sketching, keep thinking, keep laughing and most important of all, keep making art. 
Cheers,
LEWIS







Comments

  1. Great style! Really love the quirkiness of this sweet little house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts