Illustration Friday: TREE




     So this is my submission for Illustration Friday.  The Topic this week was "tree."
     I thought it would be fun to play with the idea of one's winter scarf coming to life.  With the roots being the fringe/tassels of the giraffes scarf.   This also gave me an excuse to illustrate Birds with Scarves and winter hats. ;0)
     I used a "new" technique I've been playing with.  I take my sketch, ink it, then scan the inked drawing into my computer.  I have then been using a variety of collected scanned fabric and specialty paper swatches to color the illustration.  I "cut" the swatches out into shapes then place them into the composition.  It's fun and reminds me of craft and art time from elementary school.   I have provided a few of the sketches/work in progress shots.  I will make a habit of posting them with these particular posts.
    This was a fun illustration to create and I can't wait for next week's Illustration Friday Challenge.   My goal with these is to keep the illustration simple and time-manageable as I am also working on other things simultaneously.  It's been a challenge to keep the concept and drawing process simple enough to complete the illustration within 3-4 hours tops.  Stay posted for new Illustration Friday Projects from me. :0)
    In the meantime, as always...

Keep sketching, keep thinking, keep laughing and most important of all, keep making art. 
Cheers,
LEWIS
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts